Responsive Advertisement

Wednesday 8 March 2023

BOOK REVIEW: THE LIES OF THE AJUNGO (FOREVER DESERT #1) BY MOSES OSE UTOMI

 




The Lies of  the Ajungo (Forever Desert #1)
Author: Moses Ose Utomi
Publication Date: Mar 21, 2023

Blurb: Moses Ose Utomi's debut novella, The Lies of the Ajungo, follows one boy’s epic quest to bring water back to his city and save his mother’s life. Prepare to enter the Forever Desert.

They say there is no water in the City of Lies. They say there are no heroes in the City of Lies. They say there are no friends beyond the City of Lies. But would you believe what they say in the City of Lies?

In the City of Lies, they cut out your tongue when you turn thirteen, to appease the terrifying Ajungo Empire and make sure it continues sending water. Tutu will be thirteen in three days, but his parched mother won’t last that long. So Tutu goes to his oba and makes a deal: she provides water for his mother, and in exchange, he will travel out into the desert and bring back water for the city. Thus begins Tutu’s quest for the salvation of his mother, his city, and himself.

The Lies of the Ajungo opens the curtains on a tremendous world and begins the epic fable of the Forever Desert. With every word, Moses Ose Utomi weaves magic.

My thoughts: Wow! I just finished reading this book today and I must say, it was truly captivating. The story revolves around a young boy named Tutu, who embarks on a journey to find water for his tribe and mother. Along the way, he encounters several fellow travellers who aid him in uncovering the truth about "The Ajungo and the city of lies."

One of the things I enjoyed most about this book was the suspenseful plot surrounding the Ajungo. Although I had my suspicions about what might happen, I couldn't be sure until I reached the end. And speaking of the ending, it completely took me by surprise! I had been anticipating that Tutu would become the next leader of his tribe, but the resolution was much more fulfilling and heartfelt than I ever could have expected.

Overall, I highly recommend this book to young readers. It's an engaging and thought-provoking tale with a satisfying conclusion. And a big thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an ARC to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on

Badges!

SoraBook

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum rhoncus vehicula tortor, vel cursus elit. Donec nec nisl felis. Pellentesque ultrices sem sit amet eros interdum, id elementum nisi ermentum.Vestibulum rhoncus vehicula tortor, vel cursus elit. Donec nec nisl felis. Pellentesque ultrices sem sit amet eros interdum, id elementum nisi fermentum.




Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *