Responsive Advertisement

Tuesday 31 January 2023

BOOK REVIEW: THE CRUEL PRINCE (The Folk of the Air Series #1)


Book: The Cruel Prince
Author: Holly Black
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Fiction, Fae, Romance, Magic
Book Type: Part 1 of 3rd (The Folk of the Air Series)
Rating: 5/5


My thoughts: One word I would say is "Amazing". As I recently have started reading YA books and I am enjoying this journey so far. The story is so well written that I could not find any loophole to criticize the author. The mystery, the political affairs, and the unexpected infatuation between two enemies are I think something which every fantasy reader looks for. At least, I like these kinda love stories quite much where love starts blooming after hatred. In real life, I did not encounter such love stories but in movies or even in novels, these are interesting as far as the fantasy or fictitious material is concerned. 

So giving readers of my review a bit of a hint of what is the story about: The story starts when a couple is murdered in front of their daughters, and then the killer takes those daughters to his realm, A magical world "Fae world. A few years pass by the protagonist of the story "Jude Duarte" will encounter a stepfather, bullying from her classmates, defiance & hatred from the prince who hates her just because she is a mortal, and betrayal from her own sister but whose sister I won't tell that and why? In all these conspiracies she, at last, found a purpose to belong in this Kingdom of Elfhame. 

Holly Black has put down this story quite well, She knows where to stretch the scene and where to conclude. The mystery and trick at the end of the novel were just overwhelming. I literally did not expect that end. Putting my hands on the next part immediately because I can't stop the temptation of curiosity as to what happened next.

Recommendation: Close your eyes and take the book immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on

Badges!

SoraBook

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum rhoncus vehicula tortor, vel cursus elit. Donec nec nisl felis. Pellentesque ultrices sem sit amet eros interdum, id elementum nisi ermentum.Vestibulum rhoncus vehicula tortor, vel cursus elit. Donec nec nisl felis. Pellentesque ultrices sem sit amet eros interdum, id elementum nisi fermentum.




Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *